Monday, September 28, 2009

Who knew!

I've been noticing that the expression "Who knew!" expressed in a tone of wonder is like the beginning of a psalm, like an invitation to celebrate and be awed by the grace of God. "Who knew!... only you, O Holy One." It reminds me of a poem by W.O. Mitchell, that beloved Canadian writer:

"Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I
But when the trees
Bow down their heads

The wind is passing by"

And so nature teaches us to honour and love the Divine, Source of All Life.

Waking this morning I realize that once again I'd forgotten I'm not in charge of everything. Which had put me into a major state of effort, where I succumbed to an uncomfortable bout of dis-trust. I notice when I'm in that state of dis-trust, I fall prey to second-guessing myself. Every decision is like crossing a mine-field as I strive ceaselessly for the perfect choice, finding no assurance or peace of mind anywhere.

But... when I remember to trust, to be Trust, the path changes. With the return of trust comes connection with my call, the big archetypal power of my purpose, the invitation to step into something bigger than me, where I can be of service to the great flowing river of life. When I step out on that clear ground, released once again from that insidious soul-eating fog (hallelujah!), my choices once again soar, fueled by enthusiastic creativity and passionate love for the planet.

Sounds pretty good, eh? Believe me, it FEELS really good. BE-ing with the rhythms of the earth, moving with the tides, winds, the seasons, is the deepest experience I've had of harmony and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment